Monday, July 6, 2009

kindling [Hong Kong]

My Kindle has been great -- exactly what I'd hoped for, an easy way to carry around a very large library. I most enthusiastically recommend that anyone who travels a lot buy one. You'll make up the cost in chiropractor fees and overweight baggage penalties in no time.

This morning, however, I discovered exactly how easy it is to delete something when you're half asleep and have clumsy morning fingers that keep pressing a button instead of waiting for the Kindle to process a request. Not a problem in the States, where Amazon has everything backed up -- but here, of course, the wireless doesn't work.

Unfortunately, what I deleted was the one book I'd paid full price for (everything else is public domain) -- my excellent China Adventure Guide, where I was trying to plan out this last, unscheduled day.

Better today, I suppose, than earlier in the trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment